Teeth whitening has become one of the most revolutionary options in the field in recent years. The possibility of improving the color of our teeth, which become yellow with time and our habits, is undoubtedly a great aesthetic alternative for many. But before starting this treatment it is good to know what it is and what are the main possibilities, to choose the one that best suits our needs.
Why are our teeth stained?
There are many reasons that can cause our teeth to stain or turn yellow, some of them can occur before the tooth comes out and others when it is already out. The most comons are:
- The consumption of some types of antibiotics
- Hereditary spots and excess fluoride
- Excessive consumption of food that stains teeth such as tea, coffee, wine, among others
- Bad habits of dental hygiene
- The aging
Professional teeth whitening
Just as there are several causes that cause our teeth to turn yellow, we can also count on different solutions. The tooth whitening professional is definitely the best choice for the most outstanding results.
It must be performed by a specialist in a certified dental office, and the number of sessions and the technique to be used may vary depending on the type of stains that you wish to eliminate, so it is essential to go to a consultation for the specialist to indicate what is the most convenient according to the case.
Teeth whitening at home
Currently there are several commercial brands that have launched their own line of products for teeth whitening. They work optimally in the long term and in cases where the spots to be removed are not very strong.
Another alternative is the use of professional whitening products at home, but they should be recommended by a specialist after a consultation and an analysis of the case. These are items that work more efficiently than the commercial products mentioned above, since their peroxide compound is higher.
However for important spots or if a better result is expected, it is best to go to a specialist and undergo a professional treatment.
Mixed teeth whitening
This type of treatment involves the fusion of professional treatment with one at home. It is one of the most common and recommended alternatives due to its quick and outstanding results.
It helps to diminish or eliminate important spots, and although it requires commitment on the part of the patient to follow at home the instructions, the teeth begin to look whiter from the first sessions.
- Before starting any treatment of teeth whitening at home it is very important to undergo a professional dental cleaning, in this way you guarantee that the treatment works better.
- In the same way it is necessary to go to a certified specialist and know thoroughly if you can submit to treatment, what are the risks and what changes you should make in your daily habits.
- This article is merely informative. We invite you to go to a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.